Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Monday Mindfulness: Respect yourself

That's little me with some wonderful
Alpha Chi Omegas.
Next time I'm wearing heels!
Being in a good relationship with yourself has many benefits- it is the building block for your relationship with others. There is no substitute for reflection and time alone to help you develop "good guts." If you tune in regularly your guts will let you know when a relationship needs repair.

Sunday I had the privilege of speaking to the University of Oklahoma Alpha Chi Omega sorority as part of their healthy relationships week.  My wish is that they received the message that you must be in a respectful relationship with yourself to recognize when you are in a disrespectful relationship with others.

Boomer Sooner!

I can be respectful to myself in my relationship with others.