Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Birthday Blog: A prayer of thanksgiving

Dear God,

   Thank you
  • For choosing the first day of Spring as my birthday. 
  • For my parents, who have always believed in me.
  • For my brother Chris, who stretches and teaches me still.
  • For so many years with my Grammie.
  • For the triumphs and failures of growing up. 
  • For guiding me to Church.
  • For the lousy boyfriends I dated before "the one."
  • For finding "the one" for me, when I didn't know what I was looking for.
  • For the responsibility of raising two wonderful people.
  • For comforting me in the loss of a child.
  • For directing me to Oklahoma.
  • For friends I have made and kept, and those that were time limited.
  • For talents that shape me.
  • For weaknesses that humble me.
  • For love and a context for hate in the world.
  • For the past 50 years.
  • For today.
      Thank you.
      Amen