The 2012 conference was full of :
|The Inklings at Famous Authors Banquet!|
- Workshops on social media (author Lela Davidson), pitch (agent Stephen Fraser), and platform (author C. Hope Clark) that encouraged but did not overwhelm me.
- Steven James, an award-winning author and storyteller, made us laugh until we cried- and inspired us with his rejection letter collection.
- Fillet Mignon for Saturday banquet dinner!
- The Inklings, my beloved critique group, did exceptionally well at Contest! We were shaking the hallelujah basket all evening (our traditional joyful noise of bells, boas, and tiaras)
- Reconnecting with SCBWI friends (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) and past OWFI conference buddies.
- Meeting and networking with new friends from Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- An impromptu "buzz session/celebration" in our hotel room after hours.
- Appointments with fabulous agents that all went well for our group (will update when we know more!)
- Looks like I might add "ghost hunting" to my new experiences for nifty fifty adventures, got to know Wayne Harris-Wyrick better and apparently this is one of his many special interests.
- Congratulations to Anna Myers for her recent recognition : The Arrell Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award for her contributions to Oklahoma's literary heritage
- Congratulations to Sonia Gensler (Inkling!) for The Oklahoma Book Award for Young Adult Fiction The Revenant
- Congratulations to Dee Dee Chumley (Inkling!) for OWFI Young Adult Book of the Year Beyond the Farthest Star
From Friday at 8:30 am through Sunday 10:00 am I was informed, entertained, wined & dined, enlightened, and encouraged.
To me and many others OWFI will always mean Oklahoma Writers (are) Friendly Individuals!