Monday, June 9, 2014

Mindfulness Monday: The Sum Total of Everything

"You are the sum total of everything you've ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot - it's all there." Maya Angelou
Walking briskly through the streets of New York this window display dazzled me and snagged my attention. Do you see what I see?  Probably not, and that is the whole point. We are all inspired by things that uniquely resonate because of our experiences.
As I continue to research creativity the more the truth of the "sum total of everything" becomes obvious.  I appreciate the nod to Frida Kahlo from this unknown New York artist who found a unique way to dress a jewelry store window with style and pizzazz. 
I am the sum total of everything . . . I can cultivate creativity in all of my life experiences.