|"Fortitude" New York Public Library 2014|
Stress sometimes comes in bundles and although there is no great time for difficult life events, they often come at the least opportune time. It is tempting to grab a quick fix- an emotional band aid like Triple fudge chocolate sundaes and marathon Psych reruns on the couch . . . but there is a healthier alternative. Pamper yourself with a return to the basics.
This week I will pamper myself with healthy choices.
What healthy choices soothe your soul? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Go to the Library to check out a much beloved book. Linger awhile to start Chapter One in hushed silence.
- Hydrate your body. Suggested daily water intake is six 8 oz servings.
- Hydrate your skin with good for you moisturizer.
- Make healthy food choices for a whole day, one meal at a time.
- Phone a friend that makes you laugh.
- Spend some time outdoors.