Monday, June 1, 2015

Mindfulness Monday: Beneath One's Feet

Zion National Park
h/t Lindsay Marotta 2015
"A journey of one thousand miles begins beneath one's feet."
                                                                       Lao-tzu

This quote is often translated "A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step" but "beneath one's feet" gets to the core of mindfulness: stillness.

Hiking is one of my passions.  I have learned that nature has a rejuvenating effect on my soul and quiets my tendency to overthink things. You have to pack light if you are going for a long hike.

The universe slows down to one moment at a time- which brings us back to mindfulness.

In stillness we begin the trail, an intentional journey.



I will begin my journey this week with stillness.